Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Pain

Pain I feel over lack of information on Dylan. Pain caused by my family struggles. Sometimes you need the physical pain to dull the emotional pain. That's what I did tonight. Despite my aching shoulder (got hit by a drunk driver 10 years ago and have a tear) I took a yoga class with my dear friend J. I beat myself senseless. At the very end, as I laid on the floor trying to find peace, all I could find were tears. I glanced over at my dear J and she was smiling - I had found release. A release she understood and shared. J, I know you read my blog. I truly love you. You touch my heart and I am so glad to have you as my friend. Thank you for sharing your practice with me - you have helped me find a little peace tonight.

11 comments:

  1. Great Big vitual hugs for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh - that was suppose to be virtual. I'm tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good thing to have happen.
    Hoping the relief lasts as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found some release. I did yoga for awhile. The only release I got was gas released when I was bent like a pretzel in a position called something like downward sun rising dog, or something like that!

    Sounds like you had the same kind of day I had today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga can be a great vehicle for releasing emotional issues - and it isn't infrequent that students have outbursts - crying or laughing. It sounds like class was exactly what you needed. And, I do think that you did find your peace laying on that floor - just not the way you thought you would.

    (Sorry, the yoga teacher in me just couldn't keep the comments in)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a fitness goddess. By the way, You cross my mind whenever I take a spinning class. Weird HUH! I am glad you found some relase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there Julie. Things have been going fairly well for me lately so I'll give you a lucky rub.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Yoga for the "surrender" pose that's done at the end. I'm so glad that you found some peace and am thinking of you and Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better. Thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good all out cry. I had one a little over a month ago. It was really uplifting.

    I hope you get some Dylan news soon. I can only imagine how you're feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes you purely need that unbridled release, I hope it made you feel better

    ReplyDelete