Friday, August 05, 2005

Furniture Shopping, Registries and spinning... Oh My!

Wednesday night, my Mom and I went out for girls night out. Just the two of us. It was great because I don't get her all to myself very often. We went to this place I had heard of from friends to check out furniture for Dylan and found some amazing stuff! Our home is very open, clean lines, etc. The furniture I liked fit the whole house. Then, Mom begged me to get started on our registry (me thinks the cousins are making her nuts) so we headed over to the store and started registering. Mom had waaaayyyyy too much fun with that gun! I hope that Marc and I can head over this weekend and continue with the picking of the stuff. It was really nice. For the first time in, I can't tell you how long, I walked into a baby related store and wasn't asked when I was due. In fact, I got a few confused looks. My tummy is finally starting to go down! I don't look pregnant any more. Then we went to dinner at this incredible restaurant. Bottle of wine, great food and great conversation. It was, well, great :) I had a crazy day at work yesterday but managed to go home and have some real quality time with Marc. I had been feeling a bit disconnected so it was great to reconnect again. This morning took my usual 6:30 a.m. spin class with Russell. This man is awesome. He comes up with the craziest combinations of music to spin to but it always works. Although I really could have lived without the 75 two second jumps at the end. Oh, and the topper of my morning... some guy slowed down as he was driving past me and gave me a little look over and a "hey baby" as I was walking into the office.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great day! So many fun, good things happening to you, my dear! I actually JUST started thinking about shopping, too, and looked at cribs online for the first time ever. It is SO FUN! Hard to believe (for me at least), too. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOO! You got checked out! That rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's a High 5 day!
    Why can't they all be that positive & fruitful??
    Sounds amazing. I especially like the baby shopping part....and the dirty perv..that's gotta make a gal's day!Go YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:30 PM

    How exciting going to register!
    I have started mine online but once I get a referral LOOK OUT BABIES-R-US!!
    And as for getting checked out - TOO COOL!!! Did you wink at him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Isn't registering so much fun? And going into baby stores FINALLY!!

    Yayay. So happy for you!

    Karen, naked ovary

    ReplyDelete