Wednesday, April 06, 2005

This Day Blows! Part 3

Dad has to have the cardiac catheter. He's supposed to be having the procedure done tomorrow. They think he may have some blockage. The good news is that they may be able to take care of the blockage (if there is any) with the catheter itself so he would only have to go through an invasive procedure once. My Mom and Sister definitely changed their tune last night (Sister even complimented my shirt). Ah family. Can't live with them... can't shoot them. So I'm supposed to go to Yoga tonight w/my friend Joelle. I got up, packed my gym back, packed my yoga bag, packed our lunches, poured the coffee and out the door we ran (15 minutes behind schedule). I worked out, showered and discovered that I had left my brushes home and the shoes I brought don't really look right w/my pants (yes I look sooooo lovely today). Then, as I was throwing my gym bag into the trunk of my car, I discovered that I forgot my yoga bag. Plus, on top of all of this, I have major shin splints from walking to and from the hospital in heels yesterday. Well... at least it's sunny out right??

5 comments:

  1. Yikes, you just can't catch a break. At least you worked out. I am totally impressed!

    KimN (Inward Musings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap...what crappiness. Seriously though...you worked out? My goodness....there was a cloud in the sky and that was enough reason for me to skip any type of exercise...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Julie -
    Delurking to say hello! Sorry for the roller coaster of emotions lately. I hope that they find out what's going on with your dad and he is feeling better soon! So proud of you for exercising and remaining so strong with everything going on!
    Barb (from your Philly group)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:16 PM

    Julie,

    I was browsing your archives (since I only started checking in on your blog after you'd decided on adoption). Even though I knew how things worked out, I found myself holding my breath reading your January posts, hoping, hoping, hoping you'd get some good news. (and, I'm embarrassed to report, crying when the news was bad).

    I haven't read your entire blog yet, so I don't know exactly what you do for a living, but you might consider writing.

    On another topic, you and your family are in my thoughts. I hope the adoption process goes smoothly and quickly for you.

    See you back on the GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:24 PM

    I hope your father's cardiac catheterization goes well. My mother has had them a couple times and she's always terrified of what will happen while they're doing it and what they will find. I just recently started reading your blog but I do hope the adoption goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete