Tuesday, April 12, 2005

And the Beat Goes On.....

Dad is still in the hospital. They weren't able to complete the cardiac catheterization last week because he was retaining so much fluid it caused a great deal of pressure in his heart and lungs and they just didn't want to risk it. He's having it done again today so I'm nervous as hell. I met with the social worker last night. I got there a little early. She apologized for keeping me waiting (even though she was right on time). We went into a conference room and sat down. She pulled out a few bottles of Starbucks Frappachino and a couple of cups of ice she had brought from home. How sweet is that? Basically she asked me a ton of questions about my family, childhood, education and work history. An hour and a half later.... we were done. She will be calling tomorrow night to set up Marc's appointment. So... we are moving right along. ---------------------------------------------------------- MOVIE REVIEW We saw Sin City this weekend and it was incredible. Very violent but the cinematography was incredible! It's done in black and white (like the comic book) but where the comic had flashes of color, so did the movie. Great story line and great acting. Two thumbs up!

3 comments:

  1. Glad your appointment went well and didn't turn out as terrifying as it sounds.

    I wish your dad well. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 AM

    Congratulations on your appointment!!! Sounds like it went well.

    Hope your dad gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my SW brought Starbucks! Glad that the meeting went good and that you like your SW.

    I hope your Dad feels better soon.

    KimN (Inward Musings)

    ReplyDelete