Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Say Goodnight Gracie

That's what I've decided to name my eggs. Say goodnight, goodbye, see ya later, hasta la vista baby, it's been nice knowing ya, etc. I'm entering menopause. That's right, at the ripe old age of 37 I'm fucking old. Not just old anymore (like my kid sister always says), I'm fucking old. I saw my gynecologist today (who rocks) and told her what happened last night. That, coupled with my high FsH, leads her to believe that I have entered menopause. She has asked me to go to an internist for a full physical to confirm it (also to check the thyroid and make sure that puppy is operational). On the happy side, it was nice to see my old friends at the RE's office. The staff there has been so good to me. It was funny, I don't think that Dr. H realized who I was when she ran by me (on the way to do an HSG - poor girl) and just gave me a quick wave. I saw the two Sharrons and they were very excited when I told them about the adoption. I promised to bring our baby by when we got settled at home. Now, let me tell you about my gynecologist. She is wonderful, kind, sincere and just fucking awesome. She told me that we did everything right. That nothing we could have done would have changed our outcome. That we requested our referral for the RE in the right amount of time (6 months after we started trying to conceive), that we following all the right protocols. Nothing would have changed. I think I healed a little bit more today. It was funny, I was sitting on the table in that paper schmata they have you wear and she's getting ready to leave, turns around and says "I need to give you a hug" and gave me a big hug. She said, your choice will take a child out of poverty and give him a loving home. I'm proud of you.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    That's wonderful though really... It must make some part of you feel better that she said you did everything right. It helps with closure. Now you can just get your precious baby home! I know that will never erase all of it, but it must bring you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:19 PM

    After reading your post earlier, I was thinking menopause. It would certainly explain the high FSH. I'm so glad you had a good experience with your RE - and that you feel like you've healed a little bit more. I hope time flies until you have your babe in your arms! Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the meeting brought some closure on your TTC'ing. Isn't it great when you can look back without regrets.

    KimN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Hi there! This is Jeeno from CAM (IRL, my name is Jenn). Thanks for giving me this link.

    My email address is jeenobeano@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear your thoughts on adopting from Guatemala, including the reasons why you chose it to complete your family. :)

    ReplyDelete