Friday, March 25, 2005

And the world weeps...

I believe that certain people are put on this earth to make life a little better. To make people smile when they just want to cry. To make the most cynical person believe in, well, something. To sooth a broken heart or a broken leg. I've been very blessed to know a number of these people. My husband Marc for one. In high school, I had a friend like this. His name was Marc (coincidence?). He was also known as Mongo as he was a big guy. He was the class clown but incredibly intelligent too. He always knew how to make me feel better. Whether it was over a broken heart or a fight with my mother, he could always make me laugh. We lost touch after high school and through the wonders of www.classmates.com we got back in touch. We chatted via email for a few months and then this infertility crap distracted me and we lost touch again. I'd think of him from time to time, thinking I really need to drop him an email and say hi. I guess his life got in the way too. Yesterday, while cruising www.classmates.com I saw a posting entitled "Friends of Marc", I opened the link and found out that Marc had passed away six weeks ago. From what I understand, he had a massive heart attack. And the world weeps as it's lost one of it's angels on earth. Rest in Peace my friend, please rest in peace.

5 comments:

  1. Well that well and truly sucks. I am really sorry to hear that.

    Thanks for posting on my blog and I am excited to hear about your adoption journey. Do you have an email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie;

    Marc was my cousin and a really cool guy. Thanks very much for your comments, they are truly appreciated.

    Lynn Fogle
    hobbycrazie@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    I am so so sorry. I've lost several close to me and it just sucks. I'm so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,
    Marc was my cousin. More like my brother since we looked so much alike. He was my only real and true friend. I could talk to him about anything and he was never judgemental. And I would do the same for him. I visited him all the time. I was the last Family member to see him in person 2 days before he passed. Thank you for the tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Julie...

    It was so nice to talk with you the other day about Marc. I miss him so very much, and still not a day goes by that I don't think of him, and expect my phone to ring... It is silent, but my heart is not.

    I guess God gave Marc a "bigger than life" personality, heart, and soul, knowing that he would have to cram a whole lifetime of love, laughs, memories and heartache into 36 short years. He truly was the original "class clown"...in every situation. You could always count on Marc to stand up and have the Hutzpah to say what everyone else was dying to...even at funerals...LOL.

    He was honest, loyal, wore his heart on his sleeve, and truly loved his friends and family with all of that BIG HEART of his.

    Your stories made me laugh, and comforted me...I hope that I could do the same for you. I am sure that my boy is givin' those angels a run for their money...rufflin' feathers, cracking jokes. I am sure there is some George Carlin in his routine somewhere...LOL.

    You are so right...earth has lost one of its angels...my angel...my adopted brother, best friend, and confidante. I thank God that He allowed me to know & love him, and share those precious last moments with him.

    I found out that I was the last person to talk to him in this world, and was there with him 2 days before he passed...and I am forever thankful that I made the time for my friend, and told him how much I truly valued and cared about him...right before the end.

    There is a lesson to be learned in this. It is easy to say to yourself, "tell them how much you care everyday, because you never know"...but it takes something so devastating and tragic as this to make it ring home, and make it real in our lives.

    Live every moment as if it were your last...as the song says:

    "I went sky-diving,
    I went Rocky Mountain climbing,
    I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu,
    and I loved deeper
    and I spoke sweeter,
    and I watched an eagle as it was flyin',
    and hope someday you live to get the chance
    ...to live like you were dying."

    Don't let a day go by without tell your loved ones that they are just that.....LOVED...and personally have made a vow to not waste anymore time in my life...as life is too short. May we all do the same...

    Fondly,
    Janine
    "Neeners"

    ReplyDelete