Thursday, September 23, 2010

~spit~

That's what Dylan did at lunch yesterday. He spit into the food. I don't know if it was the food for everyone or just his own but ewwwww. I emailed his teacher this a.m. apologizing for his behavior, letting her know we addressed it at home (no punishment as he was given a time out at school) and asked her if she knew what may have caused him to do that. It's very out of character for him. He did it once before at day care and we know it was a frustration thing. Her response made me adore her even more. She said that she was thinking about it last night and thinks it was a sensory thing. He was pulling at his tongue before it happened and had licked the table ~insert confused face here~ prior to his spitting. She'll talk to his OT today to make sure that he's getting the appropriate amount of oral stimulation he needs. I have been told, by a few parents, that it gets harder as the kids get older to get the right services for children with special needs. All I know is what I have now and let me tell you, it rocks my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment