Thursday, September 23, 2010

Show me the way to go home...

Dylan loves music in all it's forms. I've sung to him since he was a baby. The first song he ever "sang" was Rainbow Connection and then he just would pipe up with words at the right time. He loves to strum his guitar and sing songs, usually making up words when he can't remember the right ones (which we love) but he never sang WITH me. That was... until the other day. I was driving home, singing "show me the way to go home", you know, from the Jaws movie, when all of a sudden, he starts to sing WITH me. OMG it was so much fun! Then I realized... his first song that he sings correctly and with me... is a drinking song. Yeah, pass me the mother-of-the-year award. heheheh Now we sing together every night on the way home. I'm sitting at my desk at work thinking about what songs we can sing on the way home. I love that he loves music so much. He also loves shows. My MIL took him to his first live production. It was "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". He loved it. Sat through it with very little fidgeting at all. At summer camp, his advocate loved the days when the older kids would put on a show. It was guaranteed that Dylan would enjoy seeing whatever production they put on.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT a precious moment to share with Dylan! Thank you so much for sharing this with us/me...reminded me of many a car trip and sing Val Doonigan songs with my girls when they were that age. It's a precious time. Enjoy it while it's present and keep sharing it with us...so special. xoxo

    ReplyDelete