Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowtastrophie and fevers

I'm beat.  Glad to be at work today.  Thursday we had a snowtastophie.  About a foot and a half of really wet heavy snow hit the area.  We let Dylan sleep in and when he awoke.... he was miserable.  Angry at everyone and everything.  Not at all like him.  A little while later, we realized it was 10 a.m. and he hadn't eaten or even asked to eat.  I asked him if he was okay and he complained his head hurt.  I felt his head.. yep, he was warm.  99.5 to be exact.  Okay, no biggie.  Normally, I wouldn't even give tylenol for that but with his head hurting, I gave him a bit.  A little while later, temp is down and he is happy as can be.  About 2 hours after breakfast, he wanted to go lay down in our bed to watch TV and spent the rest of the day there.  We knew something was up.  His temp shot to 101.5 where it stayed till Saturday morning.

It sucked on so many levels.  I hate seeing him sick.  It was a snow day but he didn't get to enjoy the snow.  He missed speech and hippotherapy and we missed a wonderful wedding.   However, I got something I normally don't get... a lot of long, continuous snuggles.  So all in all, not the worse thing in the world right?


1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor kid. Gabe had the stomach flu for the first time last week and it was awful and very sad.

    ReplyDelete