Wednesday, February 02, 2011

My boy just can't catch a break... or a ball

I got to day care yesterday to find that Dylan was in the gymnasium.  I went to pick him up and usually, I can spot him as soon as I open door.  I didn't see him and saw one of the other teachers with an ice pack on a kid's head.  I asked where Dylan was and a teacher, who's back was to me, turned and there was Dylan, hysterical crying with blood just gushing out of his nose.  He took an errant basketball to the face.

I rushed him into the woman's locker room (ignoring the sign that says that children over 3 of the opposite sex are prohibited), put him up on the sink and set about getting the bleeding stopped.  It was swollen.  It hurt this a.m. but thankfully no bruising.

Initially, I wanted to take him to the ER but I called his pediatrician's office and they said not to bother, it's not like they can do anything for him if it is broken.  Today they just told me to bring him in if he has trouble breathing through his nose or if it looks crooked.

Poor Monkey.









1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy! I hope he's not too traumatized. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete