Thursday, December 02, 2010

Looking back

9 years ago, I was just waking up knowing this would be the day I would wed my love.  9 years ago today, I got up, went to the salon, got myself all done up, went to the synagogue, got dressed and at 4:00 p.m. walked down the isle with my Mom and Dad.  9 years ago today, I married my best friend.

5 years ago, I was looking forward to a nice dinner out but a little sad that we hadn't heard anything about going to Guatemala to pick up our son.  5 years ago, I was heading home from work when my cell rang.  It was a number I didn't recognize and almost didn't answer it.  Fortunately, I did.  It was the liaison from our adoption agency.  She said "we need you in Guatemala on Monday" (this was Friday).  I called Marc and told him he wasn't going to be going to the Monday Night Football game that we were given tickets to because we would be in Guatemala.  Original Post Here.  5 years ago we sat in Marc's office, with me parked illegally, and for 2.5 hours made our plans to go to Guatemala.  I didn't even get a ticket :)

December 2nd is a wonderful day - it brings amazing men into my life.

1 comment:

  1. First off, Happy Anniversary!

    Secondly, I can still remember reading that original post. It seems like it was just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete