Tuesday, July 08, 2008

3 Years!

Three years ago today I wrote this post. Three years ago today we received our referral of our son, Dylan. He was 2 days old.

I can't believe it's been three years (2 1/2 that he's been with us). He is the most amazing child you have ever met. His smile will melt the hardest of hearts. His spirit is wild and adventurous. His speech is coming along nicely although him repeating our random "shit! fuck! etc." we could live without.

But I can't let this day or his birthday go by without acknowledging his first mother. Both Sunday and today I felt her in my heart, tugging. I can't help but wonder what she does on his birthday and on the anniversary of her relinquishment. I say prayers for her and hope that she reaches out to us one day. If not, I hope that if Dylan ever wants to find her, that her door is open to him.

6 comments:

  1. It spooks me sometimes, the common-ness we have for 2 total strangers! We met my Jacob's 1st mommy around this time - 3 years ago. She was very pregnant with my sweet boy - due in December. My husband and I invited her to dinner and she called 3 days later and said - I like you guys and I want to give you my baby if you want him.

    I also have something you might like to see. It's a poem I was given on my son's first birthday. (I don't know how to make links here so...) http://2j1gharper.blogspot.com/2007/12/happy-2nd-birthday-jacob_07.html

    Thanks for reminding me of this special time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kleenex....again! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can he be three??? That just doesn't seem possible. happy birthday big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thanks for your comment! Do you want me to publish it? It doesn't have your e-mail, just your agency's name. The agency we're looking at is through the same organization, but based in San Francisco. I'd like to hear more about your experiences. My e-mail is dragonflybride at earthlink dot net
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl this is Julie from www.afamilyisborn3.blogspot.com

    Thanks for your comment. Any advice you have iss welcome!!!

    You can also email me at gemmabean@earthlink.net

    I tried to find an email for you, but I can't seem to find one.

    Thanks again, I'd love to see a photo of your son!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS we have more in common than you know. Julie

    ReplyDelete