Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Somewhere in the middle....

So I started reading Raising Your Spirited Child. I'm only a few chapters in but it's quite apparent that Dylan isn't as spirited as I thought (at least, compared to the behaviors described in the book).

Oh, don't get me wrong, my boy has spirit and energy galore but he comes down off of it quite quickly. This book is geared more towards children who lock in and that's it. Does that make sense?

The one thing I've taken from the little bit I've read is I want to get rid of the negative language. He's not hyper, he's energetic. He's not loud, he's excited. You get the picture. It's still a good book and plan to keep pushing through it but first I have to read Customer Centric Selling. Can I just tell you how much I friggin hate sales books. I have to read three chapters by tomorrow for our sales meeting. What the fuck. One thing I've learned about this type of thing, read it, take from it what you can and leave the rest. I have never worked for an organization that actually implemented anything from these programs. Last thing was the Fish principal and how we were going to bring this moral program into our office. Meanwhile, moral is still on a downward spiral and nothing was ever done. I will say - that particular book was a good read. More like a story than a how-to book so it held my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment