Wednesday, July 06, 2011

6 years ago today

A brave woman in Guatemala labored to bring an amazing boy into the world.  6 pounds 10 ounces of smiles and love.  2 days later, that child was no longer with his mother but rather a foster mother who would love and care for him for the next five months.  Five months later, he was placed into our arms with the understanding and trust that we would love him and care for him with every fiber of our beings.  For the 6 past 6 years, Dylan's first mother has never been far from my thoughts but they always come to the forefront during certain times.  This is one of them.   I hope my son's Mother is at peace and has happiness in her life.  I pray that she feels this was the right decision for them both.

In August we go to Boston for a study on his genetic deletion.  We will probably attempt to reach out to Dylan's first Mom after to share information and hopefully start a relationship.  At the very least, I want her to know that her son is loved, honored and respected and so is she.

Dylan woke up this morning and announced "I am 6!"  He had chicken nuggets for breakfast and then off to camp he went with a bag full of TastyKake treats for his bunk mates and counselors.  Tonight we are off to a special birthday dinner. 

Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I followed you here from Barren Mare's blog. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that your love for your son and those who loved him before and love him still is so very evident in your writing.
    My younger daughter has a chromosomal deletion. She's missing part of her fifth chromosome. Her syndrome is called 5p- I hope you get some answers and that your son's first mother is open to hearing from you as you share this information with her.

    ReplyDelete