Monday, July 06, 2009

4 Years ago

Dylan was born. 4 years ago today I was in Boston, staying with our dear friends Andy and Lori just waiting. Waiting to become a mother. 4 years ago today, in Guatemala, a wonderful woman gave birth to the boy who would become my son. She has been on my mind a lot today. I wonder about her and how she is. I would love to reach out to her but my fear (and Marc's fear) is that we will hurt her by contacting her. I don't know. It's amazing how much has changed in 4 years. He's all boy now. No more infant, no more toddler - all boy. Running, jumping, playing. He's skinny because he'd rather play than eat (a skill Marc and I are trying to master). He loves to explore the world around him. He loves to be active. He's a great eater and a wonderful sleeper. He's still my baby and lets me hold him and rock him to sleep. These days I think it's more for me than for him. He talks up a storm and is becoming more independent. Today Marc and I are working a half a day, picking up Dylan from Camp and heading to the beach.

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Dylan. It seems like yesterday I first discovered your original blog and the whole wonderful world of blogging and now... here you are with a gorgeous four year old son. Woo hoo to you!

    Also, we have recently found Will's birthmother in Guatemala. It has been such a relief to me to be able to let her know that he is fine, happy and healthy. We do plan to have some ongoing contact and to meet her when we go in 2011. We used the searcher S, who is well known on the Big List and who has been amazing, very professional and obviously very experienced. Email me directly if you want more info or just to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I just started following your blog and hope to read back and catch up. Very inspiring so far. I just started a new blog. Hope to see you there sometime.

    http://ambergcohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog, so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, long time no see! I apologize for not keeping up over here -- my blog reading has gone down quite a bit in the past few years.

    I am sorry to hear about your current health stuff. Sounds incredibly hard. I hope with great doctors you have been able to get things under control and feel better!

    Just went back and read the post about Dylan's referral. Oh man, what a wonderful, wonderful day! He sounds like such an amazing little guy!

    Hope you are all well! Would love an update if you ever have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:49 PM

    http://hollywoodfashion.myshopify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello, nice to meet ya! well, please go to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I realize that this is an old post, but I know you hast systemic masto and I was wondering if that plus the infertility helped influence your decision to adopt. I've been considering how possible it is for me to pass it along to a child. Do you know?

    ReplyDelete