Monday, June 29, 2009

And now for something completely different.....

My masto is relatively stable so let's talk about the more important things in life.... family :) Dylan is going to be four in just a week. FOUR - can you believe it? My baby is gone and has been replaced with the most energetic and spectacular child. He loves to explore and loves books. He romps with his friends at his new day care and sleeps like a champ. He'd rather play than eat which is a skill I really need to develop. Now that we've got this medical crap out of the way, I need to play more. I've been so locked up in my head that I haven't been playing with him as much and that's no fun for any of us. We had a party for him with family & very close friends yesterday at Smith Playhouse. This place is truly Philadelphia's best kept secret. My best friend, Joelle, was so impressed at how safe and secure it was. Only 10 and under allowed in the playground so no teenagers bullying around the little ones. The playhouse is 5 and under. He was so cute singing "Happy Birthday to Me". He had such a blast. His Pops (Marc's Dad) came in for the occasion which was nice. I think it's the first time our families were together where I didn't stress. In case you didn't know - our families have never gotten along which has been a source of much angst for Marc and I. We finally told them that it's their problem not ours. My Mom said hi to his mother (huge step) and even spent the evening hanging out with us, Marc's Dad, brother, sister-in-law and niece. Nice time was had by all and I think those walls are slowing starting to crumble. This is a good thing because I really don't want Dylan caught up in this type of nonsense. I can't wait to go home tonight. Marc is leaving early and is going to put together Dylan's new big wheel. It's the original kind (not one of the fancy shmancy ones) and he had tried it at a neighbor's house and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment