Thursday, May 11, 2006

She's at it again!

My friend Heather that is. I just got an email from her that she's doing the Lance Armstrong ride again this year. If you have a little to spare, please make a donation to this worthy cause! Here's Heather's email & story (printed with her permission).... Well, I’ve made my decision. I’m proud to announce that I will be participating in the LIVESTRONG Challenge Philadelphia this September. I’m going to ride my bike 100 miles and raise at least $2000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The Lance Armstrong Foundation was founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist, Lance Armstrong. Their mission is to inspire and empower people affected by cancer through advocacy, public health and research programs. As you may know, my brother passed away 33 years ago from Neuroblastoma, the same cancer as Alex Scott from Alex’s Lemonade Stand. I am also doing this ride for my mom who is a breast cancer survivor. I am doing the ride for both of them, and for all of the other families who have lost someone and fought the disease. I know that with the support of my friends and family, I will far exceed my fundraising goal. I’m asking for your help in achieving this. Please consider making a donation to benefit this amazing organization. You can donate online at www.livestrongchallenge.org. Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks, in advance, for your support. Your friend, Heather P.S. Please pass this email on to all your friends and family all their support is appreciated. Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Lance Armstrong Foundation

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:12 PM

    done and done :o)

    I hope she raises oodles of money

    ReplyDelete