Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hot Damn!

First, let me apologize for being a shitty blogger lately. My head has been squarely up my ass lately and, thanks to what I feel is a nice case of "post-adoption depression" I can barely form a coherent sentence these day. I've been working on a post about this and promise - as soon as I can make it halfway understandable, I will publish it. However... I did have some lovely news to share... We got Dylan's state issues birth certificate! It came in the mail today. I was so excited. One more step to finalizing all of the paperwork. I am just waiting for my agency to tell me if we have to readopt or just file for our COC (Certificte of Citizenship) to complete Dylan's adoption. Today Dylan is 10 month old Today marks 5 months since they placed Dylan in our arms. He's crawling like a pro, eating grown up foods, pulls himself up on everything (incuding the cats) and is getting ready to start taking his first steps. How time flies.

7 comments:

  1. (((((cyber hugs)))))
    I'll be interested in reading about your post-adoption blues. I have a history of clinical depression, so I can sympathise with any dalliances you're having with the "black dog".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful. Dylan has the greatest mommy in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated 10-month birthday to Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie . . . can you let me know what you find out about the COC? We need a name change on ours and our paperwork says that we need a copy of the court order, which we won't have without the readopt. Please let me know if the BC is all you need to get that COC :) Thanks, and happy 10 months to your little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cool that he's now been with you longer than he was anywhere else!

    Congrats on the bc. And the first steps. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Congrats Julie! I can't wait to get Jake's birth certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:08 PM

    Wow, home 5 months already and he's 10 months old. Time is flying. I can't believe it.

    Great news on the birth certificate as well.

    ReplyDelete